250 with 5.7 Rod and Long Rod 292 18CC Dish Piston .040 overbore Ross
SKU: 18CC dish 250/292 piston
- Finally a premium forged 250 or 292 piston at a affordable price! These pistons are custom made for 12Bolt for your rodded 250 or 292.
1 set of Premium low friction rings
Spirolocs if used with floating rods
Can be used on pressed rods. Stock type on 250
- Top ring land is .300 thick to withstand the following.
- Rings are a low tension Modern design. This gives better sealing and less loss of HP from friction.
- The compression height of the piston is made so that only .015 is needed to be milled from the deck of engine to "Zero Deck" the engine. Stock pistons require .030-.035 or more to zero deck which also weakens the deck. The ring pack for these pistons is a design similar to modern setups. Designed for less ring drag and more power out of your engine. The pistons weigh about 200 grams less than a stock type piston.
- 18CC dish (stock dish would be 30CC on a 292)
For a 292 these pistons will provide 9.50 compression ratio with a 70CC chamber, most chambers measure 74CC as is and give a 9.12CR
- For a 250 these pistons will provide 8.24 compression ratio with a 70CC chamber, most chambers measure 74CC as is and give a 7.95CR
- Piston weight is only 492 grams
Includes spiroloc retainers
Inlcudes Total Seal Brand rings 1/16 top- 1/16 2nd- 3/16 oil control
- Can be mounted as a floating pin or pressed pin